Earlier this year, our partners in missions gathered for a ministry celebration in Seoul Korea. This gathering was sponsored by Baptist Bible Fellowship International (BBFI), who (if you are not familiar) is one of our strategic partners in world missions. (We strategically partner with others as well, for example)
- SBC- largest Baptist mission organization in the world
- What is it? In essence, 50,000 independent Baptist church network to support nearly 4000 missionaries around the world
- Currently there are nearly 39,000 SBC churches in other countries
- 2013- 190,957 were baptized overseas by these SBC churches
- Excites me to be a part of that effort
- Manna Worldwide – 160 projects in 40 countries
- Partners with missionaries on the field to provide gospel centered churches, feeding programs, orphanages, schools, and clean water.
- I am honored to be serving a 3 year term on the board
- Our mission trips to the Philippines and Guatemala have been Manna mission trips (By the way, pack your bags, we are going to Philippines in 2017)
However, the majority of our missionaries that we support are BBFI missionaries. BBFI has about 800 missionaries serving in 89 countries around the world. The meeting in Korea was intended to measure the global impact of our partnership; and the numbers are staggering. Just in the last 3 years,
- 355,470 have come to Christ and made professions of faith
- 10,616 nationals are training to lead in full-time ministry
- And 1774 churches have been started.
- And 6,483 additional missions have been started with intentions to organize into a church.