Rob Rosenbalm is the senior pastor at Fairfield West Baptist Church in Fairfield Ohio. In 1992 as a member of Fairfield West, Rob surrendered to God’s call of ministry and transferred from Miami University to Baptist Bible College in Springfield Missouri. Upon finishing his degrees, Rob received an invitation to come back home and join the Fairfield West ministry team as youth pastor. When the Fairfield West Baptist Church found itself without a lead pastor in June of 2000, Rob was asked to serve as the interim pastor. Finally in December of that same year, Rob was voted in as the senior pastor where he has served until the present. Rob is a seminary graduate of Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary in Lynchburg Virginia and has received a Master of Arts in Religion, a Master of Religious Education with an emphasis in leadership and a Master of Divinity.
Fairfield’s Clergy Crisis Response Team was organized by Fire Chief Don Bennet in an attempt to support citizens which encounter traumatic events within the community. Recognizing that tragedy is not a respecter of persons, Chief Bennet called upon the cities clergy in December of 2000 to help establish an effective program in responding to the these particular crisis events. Rob rose to the challenge and worked to establish Fairfield’s first comprehensive chaplaincy program which assist first responders in emergency crisis.
Rob has been thoroughly trained in first responders protocol and critical incident stress management and is often called upon to:
- Make death or serious injury notification
- Comfort the victim(s) and/or their family at the scene of emergencies involving serious injury and/or death
- Assist confused or emotionally upset individuals
- Provide grief counseling and spiritual guidance
- Serve and facilitate appropriate needs
- Assist with attempted or potential suicide victims
- Represent the Fairfield Fire and Police Departments before official bodies and public functions
- Be available for the organization and spiritual development of the fire and police departments
- Serve as liaison with other religious leaders and organizations in the community
- Provide support and counseling to city employees and their families
Jessica is the love of Rob’s life. They met through the ministry events of the church he now pastors, Fairfield West Baptist. Clearly the church has had a more profound impact on Rob personally than professionally. On one particular Sunday night in August 1992, Rob asked Jessica out on a date at the conclusion of the evening worship service and as they say, “the rest is history”. Much of Rob’s success in ministry is a direct result of Jessica’s investment in his life. Jessica is a wonderful photographer. You can see her work at www.MadisonBlvd.com . Together Rob and Jessica have 3 children; Jordan, Tanner and Madison.